Our Family Office Services: an integrated and holistic approach
Our comprehensive and integrated approach helps business families to understand the options available in setting up a family office, how to structure their wealth and preserve it for future generations.
Your wealth has a long history. Make sure it has a great future!
As an entrepreneurial family, you have to make important decisions. Some will have far-reaching consequences for your family’s financial future.
Whether you are deciding on a long-term investment strategy, or considering setting up a foundation, your dedicated EY contact person will help you debate all the issues from economic, tax, legal and strategic perspectives. You can also count on our support to help you choose external service providers.
We have all the right answers to the key questions
When your family’s wealth is at stake, you want to do everything right. This is precisely where we come in. We support you and your family office in all areas by providing you with answers to the most important questions:
- How can family wealth best be preserved and increased?
- How do I identify and unlock further potential?
- When does outsourcing services make sense?
- How can responsibilities best be divided up?
- How can the family best monitor success?
- What expertise should the family’s most important decision-makers have access to?
- Which strategy is the most effective for charitable activities?
- Which internal and external risks should be avoided, and how?
- What costs are to be expected?
Why set up a single family office? Advantages for family and wealth
We have identified seven great reasons for setting up your own family office:
- Central coordination of wealth structuring in order to create an integrated asset strategy at a low cost
- Cooperation with service providers that are attuned to the family and its special characteristics
- Increased independence from banks
- Quick decision-making routes and streamlined reporting with the objective of reducing costs
- Securing the family’s future by implementing governance systems that preserve not only the family’s values and vision, but also its legacy
- Absolute confidentiality
- A safety net in case the leading decision-maker is incapacitated at a time when important changes need to be made to the family’s strategic direction, or if succession arrangements need to be put in place
EY Family Office Guide: Pathway to successful family and wealth management
To find out more about family offices, download our Family Office Guide: Pathway to successful family and wealth management. This report attempts to define the family office in authoritative detail and considers a range of issues such as:
- The reasons for setting up a family office.
- Key staffing concerns.
- Which services a family office should cover and what should be outsourced.
- How to optimize investment functions and ensure they work for the benefit of the whole family.
- Regulatory and tax issues in key markets.
- The relationship between family members and external professionals in a family office.
The report also includes a number of case studies which explore the personal experiences of family office practitioners and bring real life context to these common challenges.
To book an initial non-binding consultation about our Family Office Services please contact us at email@example.com or contact one of our partners in your country using our Global Network directory